The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, has invited interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2019/2020 nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards in the following areas:
1.0 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
- All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page: .
- Read guidelines and then complete the application form online
- Print the completed Application Form d. Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
3.0 Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Languages, Sports, Law, etc.
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
4.0 Criteria for Eligibility
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2017& 2018) for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2018) only . Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Class (1st Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have very strong background in further mathematics;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: stipendiumhungaricum.hu before 15th january, 2019. Complete the application form online Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
5.0 VENUE OF INTERVIEW: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for accredidation a day to the date scheduled for examination. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various JAMB CBT centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants; Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission; . State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicatns will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only. NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following: i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates; ii) Data page of current International passport; and iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals. iv) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
- NIGERIA AWARD SCHOLARSHIP (NA) 2019/2020 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS TENABLE IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUIONS FOR NA, SDG (SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS) FOR GIRLS ONLY
THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NIGERIAN AWARD/SDG ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division. Applicant must be registered FullTime students of Federal or State Universities. All other applicants (UG, HND &NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education. All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: NA/SDGs The scholarship are tenable in Nigeria and take effect from the beginning of the academic session. It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies. Change of course or Institution is not allowed. The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of: i. Institutional charges and fees and ii. For Personal maintenance; iii. SDGs Scholarship is for female only.
COURSES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneural Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
METHOD OF APPLICATION Application forms are completed online as follows: Complete form online Submit and Print a copy Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy i. Letter of Admission to the Institution ii. Current Course Registration Form iii. CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc. iv. Current School’s Identity Card v. Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government vi. Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
NOTE: Printed Copy should be endorsed (signed and stamped) by your HOD or Dean of Faculty of your institution. Submit one set of the printed and endorsed forms at the venue of the interviews as scheduled below:
Please note that the 2019/2020 FSB CBT dates is from 15 t0 19, January 2019, and venues stated
GENERAL NOTICE: During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- i) Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- ii) Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA), Nigerian Award (N/A), Sustaniable Development Goals (SDGs) scholarship for girls only).
iii) Warning : Double Enteries will be disqualied
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS:
- i) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
- ii) Nigerian Award/SDGs: 08077884418/08091155229 iv) firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Time : 9.00 am Daily
Please note that this particular application does not attract any processing fee, therefore, beware of fraudsters!
Arc Sonny T. Echono, fnia
Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education