Merck is an American pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
The company was established in 1891 as the United States subsidiary of the German company Merck, which was founded in 1668 by the Merck family. Merck & Co. was nationalized by the US government during World War I and subsequently established as an independent American company in 1917. While it operates as Merck & Co. in North America, the original Merck based in Darmstadt holds the rights to the Merck name everywhere else. Merck & Co. is the world’s seventh largest pharmaceutical company by market capitalization and revenue. Its headquarters is located in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
Medical Sales Representative
- Job TypeFull Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 – 3 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The Medical representative an assigned geographic sales area (TA) to achieve company sales targets & objectives.
- Execute sales activities, including development of key account strategies, their implementation, and the required coordination of resources.
- Develop & implement short term plans in order to ensure effective customer coverage.
- Increase market penetration and monitor performance against planned objectives in own area & take action to close the gap.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Business Operations etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Network effectively & build meaningful relationships with key customers & opinion leaders in own territory and constantly manage their expectations.
- Develop and maintain consultative sales relationships within the account’s organization providing value-added solutions.
- Provide reports & feedback pertaining to trends/opportunities or risk identified in own territory.
- Ensure sales tracking in pharmacies to maintain product availability, forecast shortages and trigger orders.
- Attend and participate in the organization of clinical meetings, seminars, and tradeshows as appropriate.
- Ensure timeous completion & updating of all sales/event reports & the related administration
Interested and qualified? Go to Merck career website on jobs.vibrantm.com to apply