FROM THE OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL SECRETARY
Dear Young Pharmacist,
I welcome you into April, may the month of April bring forth blessings in its fullness to you and your family.
REPORT FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH 2023
KEEP ALL YOUNG PHARMACISTS INFORMED (KAY – PI) SERIES
During the month in review, the first and second series of the KAY – PI were held and were centered around Registering a Pharmacy premises, being a superintendent and/or a director: we had, Pharmacist Benjamin Nworah Okpalake as our speaker.
Key take-home includes:
- Retail community outlets are to be owned wholly (100%) by Pharmacist(s)
- Ensure you read and understand the terms of the agreement of an employment offer before signing
- It is possible to resign as a superintendent provided, you do so within the ambit of the already signed terms of the agreement
- Once you become a registered pharmacist and have your NYSC discharge certificate or Exemption certificate, you can own a retail/wholesale premises
- Avoid fronting as the owner of a community pharmacy during premises registration; it is against the law and doesn’t end well for the pharmacist
- A non-pharmacist can own a wholesale outlet but, there be a pharmacist on the board of directors and there must also be a superintendent pharmacist for the premises as well
You can access the records of the meeting via
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lEFZc32IFLJsp44gwwJPVKoq1Sr3sscH?usp=sharing – KAY-PI 1
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j21noP43n5isIq8U0OaABdgmHjWBP1UD?usp=sharing – KAY-PI 2
ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Registration for the 4th Annual National Conference tagged #TREASUREBASE 2023 has begun. The Annual National Conference is scheduled to hold from 4th – 8th July 2023 in Rivers state.
- The theme of the conference: New Horizons and Emerging Career Path: Embracing innovations to break new grounds within and outside the pharmacy profession
- Venue: Osborn La Palm hotel, Rivers State
Below is the registration information:
- Early birds (Before June 12, 2023)
Young Pharmacist- #15,000
Students – #10,000
- Late Registration
Young Pharmacist- #20,000
Students – #13,000
You can register your interest and expectations ahead through the link:
- Call for Abstract for the conference: The collection of abstracts from Researchers pharmacists and pharmacy student is currently ongoing. All abstracts should be sent to email@example.com
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON COURSES
University of Washington Courses will officially start this month with Leadership and Management in Health starting on the 3rd of April and Fundamentals of Global Health Research on the 10th OF April.
Some other relevant and highly competitive courses will also be done in months to come. Among these are;
- Project Management in Global Health
- Economic Evaluation in Global Health
- Global Mental Health.
Keep your fingers crossed as we keep updating you on these certified and professionally relevant courses in collaboration with University of Washington.
The chairman paid a courtesy visit to PSN-YPG Enugu state chapter in a bid to address the lingering issue of the guidelines and proceedings and the outcome of the election process that saw Ifeanyi Uyanwa emerge as State Coordinator and at the meeting it was agreed that Ifeanyi Uyanwa remains the coordinator for now.
- ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE: RIVERS 2023
- Keep All Young Pharmacists Informed (KAY – PI)
Stick with us for more
Have a lovely April!